Oh, how I love talking with students right in their classrooms about research, writing, and the importance of REVISION. Skype visits never fail to inspire me, and I hope they do the same for the kids.
For Spring 2020, I have three days set aside for free Skype visits. All I require is that students do two things in advance: 1) read at least one of my books, and 2) brainstorm questions.
Sessions are 15 minutes long and are booked to begin every twenty minutes. They are reserved on a first come, first served basis until that day’s schedule is full.
I will do one free Skype classroom visit per school, per year. If you want to squeeze two sections into one classroom, that’s fine.
Spring 2020 Skype dates:
Before you contact me about booking a free Skype visit, please read the questions below and be sure to answer each of them in your email.
1. What is your name?
2. Where is your school?
3. Which of the dates above works best for you? If there’s a specific time of day you need, please let me know.
4. What time zone are you in?
5. What grade will I be talking with, and how many students will be in the classroom?
6. Which book(s) will the students have read prior to our visit?
7. Will you be more interested in talking about my fiction books or my nonfiction titles?
8. How may I reach you quickly (phone number—in the event of a wonky connection)?
9. What is your Skype username? Mine is jill.esbaum
PLEASE don’t wait until the day of our Skype to add me as a contact. On the day of our Skype, you will be calling me. That way, you can get the kids settled and ready before making the call.
If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me.